Pinky Winky Hydrangea
Moss Mountain Farm "Pinky Winky" Hydrangea
While many of the hydrangeas I’ve planted at the farm bloom on the early side of the season, it’s a delight to have another variety to kick in during the summer and carry interest into every autumn. If you love hydrangeas, these fantastic flowers will charm you with their beautiful blooms from mid-summer well into fall.
The cone-shaped massive, color-changing flowers set “Pinky Winky” apart from the rest! Flowers emerge creamy white in mid-summer, transition to pink, and finally finish as a deep strawberry pink in the fall. The flowers remind me of a refreshing strawberry sundae on a hot summer afternoon! I’ve planted them next to pale pink roses that has set into place a beautiful choreography of bloom.
This fast-growing plant makes a great hedge and does well in large containers. The upright habit and large flower panicles will add a strong, yet elegant, form to any border. I love to use these in the gardens on the side of the house. The pink colors really pop against the hedge and the light yellow lime wash of the house.
- Features large panicles that open white and, as the summer turns to fall, the florets at the base of the panicles turn pink, resulting in a spectacular two-toned flower
- Huge bi-colored blooms on sturdy stems
- Soil pH does not affect bloom color
- Outstanding in a mixed border
- Wonderful variety for cut flower arrangements
- Prefers well-drained soil
- Very hardy
What You Get
- "Pinky Winky" Hydrangea potted in a 1-quart pot
- Planting guide
- 45-day limited warranty
Recently Viewed Products
Product successfully added to your shopping cart
translation missing: en.products.wishlist.added_to_wishlist
There are items in your cart